- 1-1/2 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato paste is blended. Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile cut beef steak into 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1-inch pieces. Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 1 clove garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Sirloin Kabobs with Roasted Red Pepper Dipping Sauce in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Beef Sirloin Kabobs with Roasted Red Pepper Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2014
this recipe was a great. i served it at a party and everyone loved it would make it again and again
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
Just the right amount of zing with the red pepper dipping sauce. This was great!