- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, bay leaves
- and onion mixture. Add ribs; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- Transfer rib mixture to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low
- for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in peas; cook 8-10
- minutes longer or until peas are crisp-tender. Skim fat; discard bay
- leaves. Serve rib mixture with rice and yogurt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without rice and yogurt) equals 266 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.