Beef Shish Kabobs Recipe
Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, pineapple chunks and stew meat are basted with a simple marinade from Gerri Layo of Massena, New York. "These kabobs can be assembled ahead, so they're ideal for family get-togethers," she writes. "They're a delicious alternative to hot dogs and hamburgers."
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, halved widthwise
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Reserve 1/3 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add beef to bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, partially cook bacon. Wrap each piece around a water chestnut slice.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, pineapple and beef.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef Shish Kabobs in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Shish Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review