Beef Sandwiches with Beet Spread Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 whole fresh beet, cooked, peeled and mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 hard rolls, split and toasted
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices onion
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and beet until blended. Beat in the horseradish, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and cayenne.
- 2. Spread rolls with butter and beet spread. Layer with beef, lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 356 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,214 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Sandwiches with Beet Spread
"I thought it was very good."
"Great recipe.....you can also just use the prepared beet/horseradish in the dairy case."
"But I would either cut back on the horseradish or leave it out altogether"