Beef Sandwiches with Beet Spread Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 whole fresh beet, cooked, peeled and mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 8 hard rolls, split and toasted
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices onion
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and beet until blended. Beat in the horseradish, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and cayenne.
- 2. Spread rolls with butter and beet spread. Layer with beef, lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 356 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1214mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Beef Sandwiches with Beet Spread
"I thought it was very good."
"Great recipe.....you can also just use the prepared beet/horseradish in the dairy case."
"But I would either cut back on the horseradish or leave it out altogether"