Beef Sandwiches Au Jus Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, pepper flakes and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; remove and keep warm. Sprinkle salt and remaining pepper over beef.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook beef in remaining butter over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Spoon onto roll bottoms; top with cheese and onion mixture. Replace roll tops. Serve with au jus. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 503 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
"Great recipe...loved it! The beef sauce was a little too spicy for my liking, but we loved the sandwiches anyway!"
"I really liked this recipe it was very good and easy to make I will make it often Thank for such a excellent recipe"