Beef Rouladen Recipe
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 slices beef top round steak, (1/4 inch thick and about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Lightly spread mustard on each slice of steak; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 1 bacon strip and a few onion wedges on each slice; roll up; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and keep warm. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Remove toothpicks. Return to gravy; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Rouladen(18)
Sort By :
Recently made this for my wife's family and they loved it. My father-in-law was talking about it all night long. Definitely making this again.
This was very interesting! I added the pickle and we all loved it with the pickle and the pickle juice in the gravy! Thanks for the great recipe!
This is so delicious,fork tender! My husband raves about this!
I made this several times after I seen it in the magazine. It is fantastic!!
Haven't made it in a while and was thinking about it the other day. I made it today and it is in the oven now. I also put a dill pickle and bacon cooked crispy in the center. This is a wonderful meal.
I didn't have any bacon on hand so I mixed a little liquid smoke into the dijon mustard. I added the dill pickle spear and otherwise followed the recipe exactly. DH and I really enjoyed this dish.