Beef Roast with Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Place carrots and mushrooms in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine the gravy, mushroom soup, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from gravy if necessary; serve gravy with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Roast with Gravy(19)
Sort By :
Yummy! Definitely worth making!
Almost all the slow cooker roast recipes from Taste of Home have been great! I loved this one-it had great gravy I used with mashed potatoes! YUM!
Excellent! The family couldn't get enough of it!
The gravy was not very good tasting... I don't think the cream of mushroom soup was a good idea.. I will find another receip..
My husband, who is not a huge fan of pot roast/roast beef, raved about the flavor. It's tender and delicious...slices of beef in rich gravy. I threw in some quartered red potatoes in the last 2 hours. Simple to prepare and a pleasure to come home to!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >