- 1 pound red potatoes (about 4 medium), cubed
- 1/4 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place in slow cooker. Combine the broth, salt, oregano and pepper; pour over meat.Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Roast Dinner
"Excellent. A new family favorite! The meat falls apart and the flavors are amazing. I add a half packet of pot roast slow cooker seasoning to add a little extra flavor."
"I have never cooked roast beef in a crock pot until trying this recipe. It was delicious! I loved how tender the meat came out. Will surely be using this again soon!"
"This was very tasty. I've been looking for a recipe to help me out when I'm giving one day notice to prepare a meal for a crew who are coming to help out on the ranch. This is the recipe"
"Just the right amount of oregano. This makes the toughest, cheapest cut of beef fall apart. You could even use a steer's hoofs and it would melt in your mouth."