- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6 to 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with garlic, salt and pepper; top with onion and bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Transfer to warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Rib Roast
"It was a great and easy recipe. I added some fresh Thyme and Rosemary. Along with a 1/2 can of beef broth. For more juice. I had a 6 lb roast it was ready in about 2 1/2 hrs. Severed with Red potatoe halfs with Rosemary and butter. And some Corn I blanched and froze when it was in season."