"Our mom-Elizabeth Lorenz Abel-topped beef roast with bacon and onion," says Betty Abel Jellencich from Utica, New York. "Whenever I prepare it, I can't help but reminisce about the wonderful life she gave me and my brothers."
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6 to 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with garlic, salt and pepper; top with onion and bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Transfer to warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Beef Rib Roast in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p5
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Rib Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013