- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, wine, tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Serve with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Ragu with Ravioli
Sort By :
Very good meal. Pair with a good cab red wine and this dish is to die for.
The best sauce recipe I have found so far. This needs less beef and more sauce, so I have modified to my taste. The red wine makes this very yummy! ;)
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >