This sweet, no-stress sauce from our Test Kitchen tastes like it was simmering all day! Serve it over your favorite refrigerated or frozen ravioli for an easy meal maker.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, wine, tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Serve with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef Ragu with Ravioli in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p11
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Ragu with Ravioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review