Beef Quesadillas Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, oregano, cumin and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture over half of unbuttered side. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold in half.
- 3. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 488 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Beef Quesadillas
"Good basic recipe. However, 10 minutes in a 475 oven is way too long."
"A little on the bland side. I think I would throw in some jalapenos next time. For the kids though the spiciness was good."
"Very tasty and quick! Topped with lettuce,tomatoes, sour cream and mango salsa! Served with spanish rice and corn!"
"Was so good!!! Family loved it"
"Very easy and great!!"