Beef Quesadillas Recipe
Quick-cooking ground beef is the perfect ingredient for on-the-run cooks. Try serving these quesadillas with your favorite taco toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sliced olives.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, oregano, cumin and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture over half of unbuttered side. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold in half.
- 3. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 488 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC