Quick-cooking ground beef is the perfect ingredient for on-the-run cooks. Try serving these quesadillas with your favorite taco toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sliced olives.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, oregano, cumin and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Spoon 1/2 cup of the
- meat mixture over half of unbuttered side. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup
- cheese; fold in half.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake
- at 475° for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into
- wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 488 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium,