Beef Potpie Recipe
Your sweetheart will swoon when you bring out this bubbly golden-topped potpie, a tried-and-true meal pleaser from Marian Clifton of Selma, California. "It makes a hearty homey meal with plenty of comforting country flavor," she promises.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vegetables and beef; heat through. Transfer to two greased 10-oz. custard cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir in biscuit mix until smooth. Spoon evenly over meat mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 364 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Potpie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC