Beef Potpie with Biscuits
I'm a stay-at-home mom who home-schools our three daughters, so my days are very busy. I often rely on meal-in-one casseroles like this.Dolores Jensen, Arnold, Missouri
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (18 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the vegetables, gravy, thyme and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Place the biscuits in a single layer over meat mixture. Bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 298 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.