Beef Potpie with Biscuits Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (18 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the vegetables, gravy, thyme and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes.
- 3. Place the biscuits in a single layer over meat mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 298 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Beef Potpie with Biscuits
"This is a family favorite recipe! I haven't changed a thing besides doubling the recipe for leftovers!"
"This is so good. My family asks me to make it often. I cook my biscuits before I add them to the top so that they aren't still doughy on the bottoms."