Beef Potato Supper Recipe
This quick meal was often a featured item on the dinner table when our children were young. They're both married now and use this recipe in their own kitchen. --Lula Mae McElfresh, Byesville, Ohio
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the beef mixture, beans and potatoes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and water; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC