- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes; drain.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the beef mixture, beans and potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and water; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Potato Supper
Sort By :
"I have been making a variation of this recipe ever since it came out years ago. I usually substitute broccoli florets for the beans. I found it needed spices and salt."
"We both thought this was rather bland - definitely needs some seasoning - Also think it would be better with the cheese mixed in with the soup mixture rather than just on top or maybe use a white sauce instead of the soup - and add the cheese to that. I may try it again with some added spices."
"Used a homemade white sauce instead, and Parmesean cheese. Perfect!"