Beef Potato Bake Recipe
Says Cathy Casement-McDowell of Tulsa, Oklahoma: “The great thing about this recipe is you only have to do the prep work once, but get two meals from it! It’s easy to modify for any taste: use cream of chicken soup for celery, frozen or canned peas or green beans for mushrooms, etc.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1. In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soups, parsley, onion and pepper. Add the potatoes, 2 cups cheese and mushrooms. Stir in beef.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 cup cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
1-1/2 cups equals 538 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,074 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC