- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soups, parsley, onion and pepper. Add the potatoes, 2 cups cheese and mushrooms. Stir in beef.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 cup cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Beef Potato Bake
"Making this great sounding dish for dinner tonight! Have all ingredients in~~ will halve recipe though since just the two of us"
"I make this using Campbell's healthy Request Soups and omit the mushrooms. I also use half 2% cheese and half regular cheese. My husband & I like the convenience of having a homemade (frozen)meal on a busy week night. This recipe is a keeper at our house!!"
"Super simple for a night when you don't have alot of time to make dinner. Kids loved it."
"This was great! I added a few scoops of sour cream, several drops of tabasco, and canned chestnuts for a bit of crunch. Stepped up the taste just a tad!"
"This was delicious! I used potatoes cubed that I preboiled. I also sauteed an onion and fresh mushrooms. I will definetely make this again."