- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soups, parsley, onion and pepper. Add the potatoes, 2 cups cheese and mushrooms. Stir in beef.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 cup cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Beef Potato Bake
"Making this great sounding dish for dinner tonight! Have all ingredients in~~ will halve recipe though since just the two of us"
"Browned the ground beef with chopped onion and used heart healthy soups and decreased cheese - still delish!"
"I make this using Campbell's healthy Request Soups and omit the mushrooms. I also use half 2% cheese and half regular cheese. My husband & I like the convenience of having a homemade (frozen)meal on a busy week night. This recipe is a keeper at our house!!"
"Super simple for a night when you don't have alot of time to make dinner. Kids loved it."
"I use the healthy Request Cream of mushroom and add in garlic when cooking the beef."
"This was great! I added a few scoops of sour cream, several drops of tabasco, and canned chestnuts for a bit of crunch. Stepped up the taste just a tad!"
"This was delicious! I used potatoes cubed that I preboiled. I also sauteed an onion and fresh mushrooms. I will definetely make this again."