Beef Pizza Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced fresh mushrooms and green pepper, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. Spread pizza sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- 4. Meanwhile, if desired, saute mushrooms and green pepper in a skillet. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Top with the mushrooms and green pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 398 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.