Beef Pizza Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced fresh mushrooms and green pepper, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. Spread pizza sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- 4. Meanwhile, if desired, saute mushrooms and green pepper in a skillet. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Top with the mushrooms and green pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 398 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Pizza Loaf
"It was ok...not enough spice so this would be a good recipe to play with. I would put half the beef mixture down then some pepperoni then the other half of the meat mixture. You MIX the first 7 ingredients then CRUMBLE the hamburger over the mixed ingredients."
"Dish was okay. Nothing to rave about. Kind of bland."
"Recipe said to combine first seven ingredients and bake;however, no meat is in first seven ingredients to bake."