The home economists in our Test Kitchen came up with this tasty switch from the usual burger. Italian-seasoned ground beef patties are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, then topped with pizza sauce and green pepper rings for a flavorful twist.
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce, warmed
- 4 green pepper rings
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bouillon, Italian seasoning and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Place a slice of cheese on two patties; top with another patty and press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with pizza sauce and green pepper rings. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Burgers in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p21
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Pizza Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review