- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, parsley, garlic and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss beef with herbs, pepper and remaining salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve in pitas; top with onion and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Pitas with Yogurt Sauce
Sort By :
The beef and yogurt sauce are perfect together in a soft pita! My family loved this recipe. I pan fried the steaks whole and sliced them thin after cooking so I could keep them just a bit rare. Thanks trixiejo302 for the salad suggestion. It was a wonderful accompaniment!
Yum! Instead of pitas, I used little whole wheat pita sandwich breads cause pitas were not available at my grocery store.
This is delicious and pairs VERY well with the Greek Vegetable Salad also available on TOH.com. (0=
The recipe calls for 4t oil, divided, but doesn't say where to put 2 of the teaspoons. I put it in the bag with the meat and it was great. I also added chopped cucumber to the sauce and it was a nice addition.