Start your Greek menu with a tasty gyro. Top it with a yogurt sauce that doubles as a dip for pita chips. — Daniel Anderson, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, parsley, garlic and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss beef with herbs, pepper and remaining salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve on pitas; top with onion and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef Pitas with Yogurt Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p21
Reviews for Beef Pitas with Yogurt Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review