Beef Pinwheels with Gravy Recipe
- 2 cups Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup beef gravy
- Additional gravy, warmed
- 1. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, basil and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll out into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- 2. Combine beef and gravy; spoon over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with gravy. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Beef Pinwheels with Gravy
"This was great."
"This was great"
"This was great. My family loved it."
"It's OK but my family was divided. Gravy is a must. I used shredded beef but the rest was as per the recipe."
"My family loves this as well! Easy to make."
"The biscuits turned out a little dry. Good flavor though! Definitely need the additional gravy to put on top after cooked."
"I have made this many times and my family loves it. I add 1 cup of carrots to the noodle mixture."