Beef Pinwheels with Gravy Recipe
Basil added to the biscuit dough provides the pleasant seasoning in these beef-filled swirls. "The attractive slices are especially good with additional gravy," notes Katie.
- 2 cups Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup beef gravy
- Additional gravy, warmed
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, basil and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll out into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- Combine beef and gravy; spoon over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 450° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with gravy. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Pinwheels with Gravy in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p42
Reviews for Beef Pinwheels with Gravy(8)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2013
This was great.
Reviewed May. 29, 2013
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
This was great
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2013
This was great. My family loved it.
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
It's OK but my family was divided. Gravy is a must. I used shredded beef but the rest was as per the recipe.