Basil added to the biscuit dough provides the pleasant seasoning in these beef-filled swirls. "The attractive slices are especially good with additional gravy," notes Katie.
- 2 cups Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup beef gravy
- Additional gravy, warmed
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, basil and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll out into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- Combine beef and gravy; spoon over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 450° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with gravy. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Pinwheels with Gravy in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p42
Reviews for Beef Pinwheels with Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review