- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, water, soy sauce, lemon-pepper, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce; set aside.
- Cover steak with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic. Diagonally cut into 1/2-in. strips; add to marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Divide meat strips into eight portions. Roll strips into pinwheels, using larger strips around edges. Secure each with a skewer.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now