Our summer season in Upstate New York is not very long, so we try to cook outdoors often. This recipe is one of our favorites. I really don't know where it originated, but it's been handed down for many years.
Recommended: 30 Beef Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, water, soy sauce, lemon-pepper, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce; set aside.
- Cover steak with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic. Diagonally cut into 1/2-in. strips; add to marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Divide meat strips into eight portions. Roll strips into pinwheels, using larger strips around edges. Secure each with a skewer.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef Pinwheels in Country August/September 1993, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review