Beef Pineapple Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 4. Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add green pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 5. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 388 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.