Hot, spicy, sweet, crunchy, chewy...this main-dish salad has it all! "I've had this recipe for more than 20 years, and I love it," Debbie Shivers writes from Lake Ozark, Missouri. "It's great to take to summer get-togethers."
Recommended: Travel Around the World in 80 Meals
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef sirloin steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Pilaf Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Beef Pilaf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review