Beef Pastry Pockets Recipe
My husband and I raise beef cattle on our farm—that's why I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes like this one.—Andrea Chaput, Blaine, Washington
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Cut pastry into eight 5-in. squares, 1/4-in. thick. Place heaping 1/3 cupfuls of meat mixture in center of squares. For each square, fold one edge over filling to form a triangle. Moisten edges with water; press together with a fork to seal.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 482 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Beef Pastry Pockets
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2010
"Yummy. This is a new favorite."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC