Beef Pastry Pockets
My husband and I raise beef cattle on our farmthat's why I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes like this one.Andrea Chaput, Blaine, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and pepper; mix
- Cut pastry into eight 5-in. squares, 1/4-in. thick. Place heaping 1/3
- cupfuls of meat mixture in center of squares. For each square, fold
- one edge over filling to form a triangle. Moisten edges with water;
- press together with a fork to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 400° for 20 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 482 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.