My husband and I raise beef cattle on our farm—that's why I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes like this one.—Andrea Chaput, Blaine, Washington
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and pepper; mix well.
- Cut pastry into eight 5-in. squares, 1/4-in. thick. Place heaping 1/3 cupfuls of meat mixture in center of squares. For each square, fold one edge over filling to form a triangle. Moisten edges with water; press together with a fork to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef Pastry Pockets in Country Ground Beef 1993, p67
Reviews for Beef Pastry Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2010
"Yummy. This is a new favorite."