Beef Pasties Recipe
We had lots of leftovers when we sampled Leona's pot roast in out test kitchen, so our staff came up with this recipe for fast-to-fix pasties. Just tuck the cooked roast beef, carrots, potatoes and onion into pie pastry-your family will be amazed at the tender and flaky results!
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cup finely chopped cooked potatoes
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a fourth of the pastry into an 8-in. circle. Mound 1 cup filling on half of circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over filling and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Cut slits in top of each; brush with cream. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 724 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Beef Pasties
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2010
"Very good use of leftover pot roast!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC