Beef Pasties Recipe
We had lots of leftovers when we sampled Leona's pot roast in out test kitchen, so our staff came up with this recipe for fast-to-fix pasties. Just tuck the cooked roast beef, carrots, potatoes and onion into pie pastry-your family will be amazed at the tender and flaky results!
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cup finely chopped cooked potatoes
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a fourth of the pastry into an 8-in. circle. Mound 1 cup filling on half of circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over filling and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Cut slits in top of each; brush with cream. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pastie equals 724 calories, 33 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,057 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Pasties
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2010
"Very good use of leftover pot roast!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC