- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cup finely chopped cooked potatoes
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a fourth of the pastry into an 8-in. circle. Mound 1 cup filling on half of circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over filling and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Cut slits in top of each; brush with cream. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Beef Pasties
"I always make my own pastry crust and when these pot-roast and veggie pasties have been placed on the plates of my family--it was ooh-la-la! I have made these twice and am in the process of making them for tonight's dinner--I came to this site to get the recipe baking instructions. I just had to comment while I was here! I DO protect the sealed edge sides with foil to keep them as tender as the rest of the little pies."
"Very good use of leftover pot roast!"