Beef Paprika Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil on all sides. Add onion; cook until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 1/2 cup of water, ketchup, brown sugar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and cayenne; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is tender.
- 2. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 359 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Paprika
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.