Beef Paprika Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil on all sides. Add onion; cook until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 1/2 cup of water, ketchup, brown sugar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and cayenne; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Beef Paprika
Sort By :
Delicious! Reminds me of a stroganoff dish my German Grandmother made. I serve it over egg noodles with a salad and homemade buttery bubble bread (another wonderful recipe from TOH). It is very hearty and one of my husbands' favorites.
This recipe is SO good! I used penne noodles, but next time, I will use egg noodles. I will be making this again soon.
Ever since this was originally published in 2002, it became my favorite way to fix stew meat. So glad to see it online too!
Thickness of Gravy/Sauce and even flow of taste of the Spices, makes this Recipe a Five Star Rating! Paul Morris-Belcourt, North Dakota!
The KEY ingredient is Thickness of the Gravy/Sauce! Too thin and it is just like beef stew! Thickness of Gravy and even flow of taste of the Spices makes this dish a Five Star Rating. Pmorris-Belcourt, N.D.
Pmorris-Wildwood, New Jersey