Lots of flavor and color create an appetizing entrée. Pepper flakes add a little kick to orange sauce and tender veggies over rice in this very quick meal from the Test Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry vegetable blend and garlic in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Orange Beef Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p59
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Orange Stir Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review