Beef Onion Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, egg, 1-1/2 cups onions, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; drain. Combine sugar and remaining tomato sauce; spread over the meat loaf. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Place carrots and potatoes around loaf. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 328 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1038mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Beef Onion Loaf
"My family really liked this. Have made it twice so far!"