- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole potatoes, drained
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, egg, 1-1/2 cups onions, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; drain. Combine sugar and remaining tomato sauce; spread over the meat loaf. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Place carrots and potatoes around loaf. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Onion Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p35
Reviews for Beef Onion Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2012
"My family really liked this. Have made it twice so far!"