Beef on a Stick Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 kabobs.
1 kabob equals 161 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Beef on a Stick
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.