“My daughter’s friend gave her this simply great-tasting marinade recipe,” writes Lois Weigel from Mountain Home, Arkansas. “We made it healthier just by using a reduced-sodium soy sauce!”
Recommended: 28 Favorite Lunch Box Ideas
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 kabobs.
Originally published as Beef on a Stick in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef on a Stick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review