Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
"This takes minutes - but tastes like it simmered all day," says Royal City, Washington field editor Margery Bryan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, vegetables and seasonings. Bring to a boil; add noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes to until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 144 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC