Beef Noodle Bake
My grandmother brought this recipe with her from Scotland. I like to make it for church suppers and picnics.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato sauce, sour cream,
- cream cheese, sugar and garlic salt.
- Place half of the noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish;
- top with half of the beef mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 559 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.