Beef Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and garlic salt.
- 2. Place half of the noodles in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the beef mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 559 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Beef Noodle Bake
"I made this twice. The first time, it was pretty bland without a lot of flavor. I liked it OK, but my husband wasn't a fan. I only made it the second time because it was something quick and easy with ingredients I had on hand. I did have to add quite a bit of extra seasonings. I probably won't make it again."
"it was to die for really really good"
"Too many noodles for a 13x9 inch pan. Sort of bland."
"This recipe is great! My husband & I love it!"
"made some changes.cooked the meat then drained it. i had to add many seasonings to make it taste right. this is a basic bolognese sauce. on top of that i needed to add Prego sauce to the seasoning. I also added sherry. seasonings i added were oregano, thyme, pepper, garlic,parsley and bay."
"Enjoyed this casserole very much. I too, after reading the other reviews, added additional liquid, but I used an individual serving can of V8. I will definitely be making this again."
"This is a great recipe with lots of flavor!! I did add 1/2 cup extra water as suggested since I'd had bad luck with a similar recipe being dry. Fantastic!!"
"This has a ton of flavor for a basic recipe! We'll definitely be making this one again!~ Theresa"
"I tried this recipe, good flavor but thought it was a little dry.Next time I make it I will add more sauce."
"Great recipe..I did not do it but I agree with cc23 add some water to make it a little soupier. Well make this again!"
"This recipe was a hit with my family. I did add a half cup of water to the meat mixture to make it a little soupier. It really tasted wonderful."
"Very good recipe, one I will make again and again. Thank you for sharing.ccbranz"