Beef Nachos Supreme Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, soup and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Spoon onto two serving plates. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and/or sour cream if desired. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 389 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Beef Nachos Supreme
"Tastes too much like tomato soup. The taco seasoning "got lost" in the tomato. This recipe is okay if you want easy & few ingredients, but the flavor is lacking. It needs more than just "more taco seasoning" to punch it up a bit."
"This was really good. Super easy and quick. A great weekend meal. My whole family loved this and thought it was better than the "mexican" fast food version."
"Super easy, super quick, the whole family loved it."
"This is a fast amazing meal for the kids on a week day!"
"Excellent idea for a change from the regular nacho ideas."
"This was really good, super quick & easy to make. I'll actually use this recipe for my regular tacos as well."
"This was very very good. I did not have any instant rice so I used a 90 second bag of rice which I cooked in the microwave first and then added it and let stand for five minutes"
"This was super easy and very good."
"Easy to make, very good."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.