Beef Nachos Supreme
You'll love these beefed up nachos from Rose Lauritsen from Lindale, Georgia. Even when paired with homemade taco seasoning, you'll be surprised how quickly you can whip up this Mexican meal.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the water, soup and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5
- minutes or until rice is tender.
- Spoon onto two serving plates. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and/or
- sour cream if desired. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without optional toppings and tortilla chips) equals 389 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.