You'll love these beefed up nachos from Rose Lauritsen from Lindale, Georgia. Even when paired with homemade taco seasoning, you'll be surprised how quickly you can whip up this Mexican meal.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, soup and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Spoon onto two serving plates. Top with lettuce, cheese, salsa and/or sour cream if desired. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Nachos Supreme in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p19
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Beef Nachos Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review