- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chips over crust. Top with meat mixture. Carefully spread sour cream over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Nacho Pie
Sort By :
"Not too bad. I added a drained can of corn to the meat mixture before simmering. I think it definitely helped. I might try adding the sour cream after baking next time."
"Zowie! What flavor when I used 1 1/2 tablespoons Trader Joe's taco seasoning! Makes chapped lips burn. Had to add a bit more tomato sauce and diced tomato juices for grass-fed beef. Skipped the onion & the first chips layer. Trader Joe's crescent rolls are kosher, yay. Very good flavor, yum."
"Yummy easy will make again"
"I will definitely be making this one again. Delicioso!"