- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chips over crust. Top with meat mixture. Carefully spread sour cream over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Nacho Pie
"With all the glorious reviews before mine, I must have done something wrong because this was a definite "ick" for us. I know I used only 2 Tbsp of taco seasoning as written in the recipe, but that flavor was overpowering. Perhaps it was the particular brand of taco seasoning? The Beef Nacho Pie I made was a disappointing dinner flop."
"Used 1 cup mild picante /salsa in place of tomato sauce, but followed the recipe as written otherwise. This is really good! Will definitely make this again,"
"Everyone but the kids liked this so it works out. Made modifications for what I had, used can of fire roasted tomatoes w/chilies instead of sauce, didn't have sour cream. And the kids got into the bag of Doritos so used those sparingly. topped with lettuce, tomatoes and avocado. Was really good would make again."
"My family really enjoyed this dish! Simple to make with great texture and flavor. I will be making this again!"
"This meal was a homerun with my husband! I'll definitely be making this again soon."