- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chips over crust. Top with meat mixture. Carefully spread sour cream over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Nacho Pie
Sort By :
"This is my husbands most requested recipe! My three boys love it too. We also top it with fresh diced tomatoes and sliced olives before serving. Thanks for sharing the recipe that has become a family favorite!"
"My family LOVES this... with some flavor modifications. I used salsa instead of tomato sauce and added a small can of green chilies. Served it with shredded lettuce & diced tomatoes. It takes longer to smush the crescent rolls together than to mix up the rest of it."
"Not too bad. I added a drained can of corn to the meat mixture before simmering. I think it definitely helped. I might try adding the sour cream after baking next time."
"Zowie! What flavor when I used 1 1/2 tablespoons Trader Joe's taco seasoning! Makes chapped lips burn. Had to add a bit more tomato sauce and diced tomato juices for grass-fed beef. Skipped the onion & the first chips layer. Trader Joe's crescent rolls are kosher, yay. Very good flavor, yum."