- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and onion powder; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil. Add the beef, soup, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Spoon into crust. Top with potatoes. Brush remaining oil over potatoes. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beef N Potato Pie in Country Woman September/October 2002, p31
Reviews for Beef N Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >