Beef Mushroom Stew
When cold winds blow here in Minnesota, there's nothing like sitting down to a steaming plate of savory stew.—Marilyn Schroeder, St. Paul, Minnesota
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 to 3 bounds beef top round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup burgundy or beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (8 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Cooked rice or noodles
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag; add beef cubes and
- shake to coat on all sides. Brown beef in oil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in burgundy or broth, water, mushrooms, onion, bay leaves,
- garlic and parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken if desired. Serve
- over rice or noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.