- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 to 3 bounds beef top round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup burgundy or beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (8 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Cooked rice or noodles
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag; add beef cubes and shake to coat on all sides. Brown beef in oil in a large saucepan. Stir in burgundy or broth, water, mushrooms, onion, bay leaves, garlic and parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken if desired. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Beef Mushroom Stew in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p41
Reviews for Beef Mushroom Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2011
Delicious! The only substitutions I made were 1 1/2 pounds whole baby portabella mushrooms and more pepper.