Beef Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
This recipe is the perfect meaty option for a classic Italian dish. I made this meal for the first time years ago, and I've been going back to it ever since.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, broth, parsley, brown sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC