A friend gave me this recipe, and after many years, I still make it often. Our family lives in a rural area, and folks here are frequently looking for new ways to serve ground beef. This one is definitely a winner!
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions for pizza crust; let rise.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, mushrooms, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Divide dough into eight pieces. Form each piece into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into an 8-in. circle. Place circles on two lightly greased baking sheets. Divide meat mixture among the eight circles. Top with cheese.
- Moisten edges of dough and fold in half. Press edges firmly together with a fork. Prick top of dough. Beat egg and water; brush over each pocket. Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef/Mushroom Pockets in Country Extra May 1991, p47
Reviews for Beef/Mushroom Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review