Beef Macaroni Soup
“This is a quick version of delicious vegetable beef soup,” shares Debra Baker of Greenville, North Carolina. “With beef, veggies and pasta, it’s just as good as the original with a lot less fuss.”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the mixed vegetables, tomatoes, broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; add macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 8-10 minutes or until macaroni and vegetables are tender. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 233 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.